Above: Canadian Aeronautics and Space Institute senior executives for the 2018-2020 term.
(L to R) Harry Kowal, Vice President; Geoff Languedoc, Executive Director; Jacques Giroux, President
CANADIAN AERONAUTICS AND SPACE INSTITUTE ANNOUNCES ELECTION OF 2018-2020 EXECUTIVE
Article by WJO
The Canadian Aeronautics and Space Institute recently announced the results of the election of senior executives of the Institute for the 2018-2020 term.
RMC Principal, Dr. Harry J. Kowal, has been elected Vice President.
The origin of the Canadian Aeronautics and Space Institute dates back to 1954 when the Montreal-based Institute of Aircraft Technicians, the Ottawa Aeronautical Society and the Canadian sections of the U.S. Institute of Aeronautical Sciences amalgamated to form the Canadian Aeronautical Institute (CAI). In 1962 the Canadian Astronautical Society in Toronto and the Montreal-based Astronautical Society of Canada merged with the CAI to become the Canadian Aeronautics and Space Institute (CASI).
CASI Vision and Mission
- To advance the art, science, engineering and applications relating to aeronautics, space and related technologies in Canada
- To provide a focus for communications and networking for aeronautics and space communities in Canada
- To assist members in developing skills, exchanging information, and sharing talents in their areas of interest
- To promote Canadian competence and international competitiveness in aeronautics, space and related technologies and their applications
- To foster national pride and international esteem for Canada’s accomplishments in aeronautics, space and related technologies
Dr. Kowal’s term as VP is a volunteer position which comes in addition to his responsibilities as RMC Principal (The position being one of a volunteer is also consistent with him being in a Governor-in-Council appointment).
The two-year term as VP is followed by another two years as the President. “I was extremely flattered when they reached out to me this past Spring and asked if I would be interested in putting my name forward for the election. I look forward to helping CASI out the best I can and I do so with complete support of the Commandant. We both believe this connection will be reflect well on RMC.”