Message Board / Affiche de Messages
Feature photo by: Officer Cadet 28230 Victoria Pierrot
EX-CADET WEEKEND FUN RUN
Anyone for a run around Fort Henry?
Ex-Cadet weekend at the end of September will again include a run around Fort Henry for Old Brigade members, other ex-cadets and present-day cadets – and members of their families as well.
In essence this is a re-creation of the Cadet Wing Harriers Race as it was run over the decades until early in this century. The difference is that it is not a race; it is a “Fun Run” including members of all elements of the college student body, past and present. The plan is to start from the College Parade Square at 1500 hours on Saturday, September 30, and run completely around the Fort Henry Hill before returning to the parade square with smiles on our faces.
Ex-cadets of classes having reunions this year, from recent grads to Old Brigaders, are particularly invited to join the run. If any of the classes wish to gather a group together from their year for the run, that would be even better. The college’s Harriers teams – both male and female – have already agreed to participate.
If the younger groups want to make a bit of a race of it, they are welcome to do so, but the Old Brigade members need not race – the completion of the run will be reward enough. Afterwards, all participants will be invited to a nearby mess to quench their thirst and celebrate the comradeship that is such a great part of the college experience.
The run has been going on for a decade now, and we hope to have 30 or more runners – both older and younger – join us. Anyone interested in participating is requested to contact the organizer, 6891 Bill Aikman at [email protected] to confirm arrangements.
Anyone looking for a bit of running and lots of fun can sign up for an Ex-cadet Soccer Game on Reunion Saturday (weather permitting)?
No skill nor cleats are required and NO one is too old to play.
Since we’ll field 9 players per side, you can be part of a really Old Eighteen. We may need lots of subs.
You can expect a 45 minute straight time game, with penalties after, if deemed necessary or desired.
This game will only happen if enough ex-cadets contact Bruce Robinson ([email protected]) in time to reserve a field. First responders get to start in their chosen positions and lowest college numbers guarantee playing time.
Historical Day | Soldiers at the King’s Service / free family activity on the Plains of Abraham! //
Journée historique | Les soldats au service du roi – Profitez en famille de cette activité gratuite sur les plaines d’Abraham!
- Be a young Canadian who has made a significant contribution to Canadian security and defence through demonstrated dedication and service to the military, and/or to have published research in one of the many fields of security and defence, and/or for not-for-profit/charity work in support of the Canadian Armed Forces and/or Veterans.
- Only individuals may submit nominations. All nominations must consist of a clear summary of the reasons for the nomination (500 words or less), at least two letters of support, and examples of the nominee’s work. Electronic submissions are preferred.
- Submissions may be submitted in either of Canada’s official languages;
- Only the person selected and the nominator will be notified;
- All documents submitted as part of the submission will be kept at the CDA Institute national office and not returned to the nominator;
- Nominations must be received by 5 September 2017, and addressed to:
- Être un (e) jeune Canadien (ne) qui a apporté une contribution importante à la sécurité et à la défense du Canada par son dévouement et service à la profession militaire, et/ou la publication de recherche dans l’un des nombreux domaines de la sécurité et de la défense, et/ou un travail à but non lucratif/travail de charité à l’appui des Forces armées canadiennes et/ou des Anciens combattants
- Seuls les individus peuvent soumettre des candidatures. Toutes candidatures doivent inclure un sommaire des motifs de la nomination (500 mots ou moins) au moins deux lettres de support et des exemples de travail du candidat. Les soumissions électroniques sont préférées;
- les soumissions peuvent être soumises dans l’une ou l’autre des langues officielles du Canada;
- seule la personne sélectionnée et le candidat seront informés;
- tous les documents soumis dans le cadre de la soumission seront conservés au bureau national de l’Institut de la CAD et ne seront pas retournés au présentateur;
- les candidatures doivent être reçues avant le 5 septembre 2017 et adressées au :
Comité de sélection du Prix «Game Changer»
Dianne Knight: Honouring the Memory of Her Daughter
Inspired by the example her daughter set of always striving for excellence, Grafton resident Dianne Knight has always strived to honour her memory in the eight years since she died in Afghanistan.
And given what a star athlete 22007 Michelle Knight Mendes (Class of 2001) was, participating in the Bike Up Northumberland fundraiser has seemed an appropriate way to do so — Dianne even rode the 100K option last year.
Known to many by her rank of Major (which she achieved by the age of 30), Michelle stood out in the student body of both Grafton Public School and CDCI East before being accepted into Kingston’s Royal Military College for a history degree and a career she loved.
Dianne would always marvel at her daughter’s drive (for example, she found the girl swimming in the family pool one day while reading a book), and participating in the Bike Up event is her own tribute — and her own way of supporting her local hospital, as proceeds from the Sept 9 event will be shared between Northumberland Hills Hospital and Campbellford Memorial Hospital.
Dianne hopes you will consider signing up as well. But if you are not available to do so, she said, please make a pledge to show your support.
And if you have no one else to pledge, you can support her efforts by calling 905-349-2214 or visiting Here.
Article By: Cecilia Nasmith, Northumberland Today
Invictus Games – Toronto – September 23 – 30
Ticket on sale now
The RMC Club relies on its members. Contact us to renew or to take out an annual or life membership.
1 – 888 386 – 3762
Souvenez vous que:
Le Club des CMR compte sur ses membres. Afin de renouveler ou de vous procurer une adhésion annuelle ou à vie, veuillez communiquer avec nous au : 1- 888 386 – 3762
Thank you in advance for your kind cooperation.
For those who have let their membership lapse during 2016 & before – we miss you. Please update soon.
À ceux qui ont laissé leur adhésion prendre fin en 2016 ou plus tôt, vous nous manquez. Veuillez renouveler bientôt.