Recently Added Memorials on the DHH Website

Recently Added Memorials on the DHH Website

Researched by E3161 Victoria Edwards

Do you know of any military memorials which are not yet contained in the records of National Inventory of Military Memorials? Recently added memorials on the DHH website associated with the Royal Military College of Canada include:

•  35036-032 Dedicated to the RUSH-BAGOT Agreement, this plaque was
erected by the Ontario Heritage Foundation, Ministry of Citizenship
and Culture. http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dhh-dhp/nic-inm/sm-rm/mdsr-rdr-eng.asp?PID=8239

 

 

•  35036-033 The Alumni of the Royal Military College of Canada erected these stained glass windows. Also see 35036-034; 35036-035; 35036-036; 35036-037; 35036-038; 35036-039; 35036-040; 35036-041
http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dhh-dhp/nic-inm/sm-rm/mdsr-rdr-eng.asp?PID=8240

 

• 35036-042 This bronze plaque was erected by Alumni of the class of 1960 at the Royal Military College of Canada. Presented to the Commandant of the Royal Military College of Canada in September 2006, it commemorate the entry of class of 1960 members into the Old Brigade. The five sugar maple trees were planted on May 10, 2006,
along the Duty Drive.
http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dhh-dhp/nic-inm/sm-rm/mdsr-rdr-eng.asp?PID=8251

 

• 35036-043 Dedicated to the Kingston Navy Yard, this plaque was erected by the Historic Sites and Monuments Board of Canada.
http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dhh-dhp/nic-inm/sm-rm/mdsr-rdr-eng.asp?PID=8254

 

 

• 35036-044 The plaque dedicated to Sir James Lucas Yeo was erected by Historic Sites and Monuments Board of Canada.
http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dhh-dhp/nic-inm/sm-rm/mdsr-rdr-eng.asp?PID=8255

•   35036-046 The Class of 1963, as their gift to the College upon entry into the Old Brigade in 2009, have created and donated to RMC, this six feet eight inches high and 132 feet long Wall of Honour. This memorial is dedicated to recognize ex-cadets of the Royal Military Colleges (RMC, RRMC, CMR) and others with College numbers for
outstanding achievements and contributions to Canada or the world.

Also see 35036-047
http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dhh-dhp/nic-inm/sm-rm/mdsr-rdr-eng.asp?PID=8262

 

•  35036-047 This airplane was erected by the Royal Military Colleges of Canada Club and the 414 Squadron of the Royal Canadian Air Force and was presented by the Class of 1982 on October 6, 1996. The AVRO CF-100 Canuck mark 54414 is dedicated to the Electronic Warfare Squadron and to commemorate alumni of the Royal Military College of Canada. It was refurbished with the financial support of the Ex Cadet Club, in the colours of 414 (Electronic Warfare) Squadron.
http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dhh-dhp/nic-inm/sm-rm/mdsr-rdr-eng.asp?PID=8277

 

• 35036-048 This stone plaque was erected in 1902 by their old comrades and friends of the Royal Military College of Canada and by friends of the deceased officers in the Corps of Royal Engineers. The tablet is dedicated to the memory of three Officers Graduates of the Royal Military College of Canada, #18 Huntly Brodie Mackay, Captain
Royal Engineers; #63 William Henry Robinson, Captain Royal Engineers; and #52 William Grant Stairs, Captain the Welsh Regiment.
http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dhh-dhp/nic-inm/sm-rm/mdsr-rdr-eng.asp?PID=8293

 

•  35036-049 The statue called “To Overcome“ was made was by John Boxtel, and unveiled in 1991 represents the annual cadet obstacle course.

http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dhh-dhp/nic-inm/sm-rm/mdsr-rdr-eng.asp?PID=8294

 

•  35036-051 Named in honour of General Sir Arthur Currie, Currie Hall was designed in 1922 by Percy Erskine Nobbs to honour the Canadian Expeditionary Force in World War I.
http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dhh-dhp/nic-inm/sm-rm/mdsr-rdr-eng.asp?PID=8335