Reunion Weekend 2016 on the Peninsula
To Whom It May Concern:
For the 01 and 06 classes and the Class of 59; update regarding the forthcoming 22 -25 September 2016 Reunion Weekend in Kingston.
Online Registration is now open: http://rmcalumni.ca/events/
Class Plans (Current as of end June)
MORE DETAILS – HERE
|OB Class||Secretary/OPIs||Friday Night M&G||Saturday Night||Remarks|
|56||Ian Galbraith||Cataraqui Golf Club||Old Bde DinnerFour Points Sheraton||1800 for 1900 hrs|
|59||Jarrott Holtzhauser / Ed Murray||Donald Gordon Centre||Old Bde DinnerFour Points Sheraton||1800 for 1900 hrs|
|61||Andrew Robb / Tony Downs||TBC||Old Bde DinnerFour Points Sheraton||1800 for 1900 hrs|
|66||Jacques Gagnon / Gilles Nappert||Donald Gordon Centre||Old Bde DinnerFour Points Sheraton||1800 for 1900 hrs|
|71||Ray Hook||SSM||Old Bde DinnerFour Points Sheraton||1800 for 1900 hrs|
|Class||Secretary/OPI||Friday Night M&G||Saturday Night||Remarks|
|76||Chuck Oliviero||Fort Frontenac||Club DinnerFort Frontenac1800 for 1900 hrs|
|81||Paul Weatherall / Louis Cyr||Fort Frontenac||Club DinnerFort Frontenac1800 for 1900 hrs|
|86||Heather Thorne-Albright / Helga Grodzinski||Cadet Formal Mess||TBC|
|91||Richard Goyette||Fort Frontenac||TBC|
|01||Kris Reeves / Paul Hungler||RV Cadet Formal Mess from 1600-1830hrs||Fort Henry Battery Bistro|
|06||Kingston Brew Pub||TBC||TBC||“For details check our FB page ‘RMC Class of 2006 Reunion’|
|11||Andrew Chong / Charles Keita||Cadet Formal Mess, Shared||TBC|
Here is an overview of the Weekend’s key events:
Thursday, 22 September
- 19th Legacy Dinner. This event is hosted by the RMC Foundation. If you wish to discuss any aspect with the EVP, including the option to book a Class table, please contact Rod McDonald. If you would like to make a reservation, contact Jennifer Jordan at (613) 541-6000 ext 6807 or toll free 1-888-386-3762. Classes may book choose to book a table. Cost is $200 per person (TBC) with a modest amount being tax receiptable for personal attendance or a full receipt if you choose to sponsor a Cadet. Dress is Mess Kit/Black tie. The Chasse Galerie members will be featured prominently during this evening. The dinner is almost sold out.
Friday, 23 September
2nd Annual Reunion Weekend Golf Classic
Attention all Reunion Weekend attendees!
Are you planning on attending this year’s Reunion weekend? Are you interested in providing financial support to the RMC Club while having fun doing so? If so, then please plan on participating in the 2nd annual RMC Club Reunion Weekend Golf Classic on Friday September 23, 2016. All alumni are encouraged to participate.
The tournament will be hosted at the Garrison Golf and Curling Club. The tournament is a scramble format with a shotgun start at 0830 with wrap-up prior to 1500 hours for those who want to attend the obstacle race at RMC. The cost is $100 per player for RMC Club members and $120 for non-members. Registration includes a golf cart, post-game lunch, and prizes. You may either register individually or as a team by forwarding your team list together with a cheque payable to The RMC Club of Canada at PO Box 17000 Stn Forces, Kingston, ON K7K 7B4. If you prefer to register on-line, you may do so individually or as a group at: http://rmcalumni.ca/events/ .
Tournament Sponsors and Donors. The event organizers are seeking corporate sponsors for individual golf holes at $200 each and donors for both the tournament and raffle prizes. If you are able to assist, please contact Jim Simpson at email@example.com .
Early Bird Prize: To be eligible for the early bird prize, payment must be received no later than 1 September, 2016. There will be two live draws at the post-game lunch. The winning team will receive four fee reimbursements as well as the winning individual.
2015 Winners – Équipe gagnante de 2015
Fin de semaine des anciens tournoi de golf
Attention tous les participants de la fin de semaine des anciens!
Comptez-vous assister à la fin de semaine des anciens cette année? Aimeriez-vous fournir un soutien financier au Club des CMR, tout en vous amusant? Si c’est le cas, envisagez SVP de participer à notre deuxième tournoi de golf du Club des CMR, que se tiendra dans le cadre de la fin de semaine des anciens, le vendredi 23 septembre 2016. Tous les anciens sont invités à participer.
Le tournoi se déroulera au Garrison Golf and Curling Club. Le format adopté est la meilleure balle par groupe a chaque coup, avec départs simultanés à 8 h 30 qui sera terminée par 15 h 00 heures pour ceux qui veulent assister la course d’obstacles. Le coût est 100 $ par joueur pour les membres du Club des CMR et 120 $ pour les non-membres. L’inscription comprend une voiturette de golf, déjeuner après le match et des prix. Vous pouvez vous inscrire individuellement ou en équipe en faisant parvenir la liste de votre équipe ainsi qu’un chèque au nom du Club à l’adresse suivante : << RMC Club of Canada, PO Box 17000 Succ Forces, Kingston, ON K7K 7B4>>. Si vous préférez vous inscrire en ligne, vous pouvez le faire individuellement ou en groupe à http://rmcalumni.ca/events/ .
Commanditaires du tournoi et donateurs. Les organisateurs de l’événement sont à la recherche commanditaires pour trous de golf individuels à 200 dollars et des donateurs pour les prix le tournoi et le tirage. Si vous êtes en mesure d’aider, veuillez communiquer avec Jim Simpson à : firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prix lève-tôt: Pour être éligible au prix lève-tôt, vous devez nous faire parvenir votre paiement avant le 1 septembre 2016. Il y aura deux tirages durant l’après-match déjeuner. L’équipe gagnante recevra quatre remboursements de frais ainsi que la personne gagnante.
MORE FRIDAY ACTIVITIES
- RMC Foundation AGM. This meeting will take place in the Commandant’s Conference Room which is located across from the new Gym in Yeo Hall at 1330 hours.
- Obstacle Course. The first years form-up on the square at 1400 hrs and the event kicks-off at 1430 hours and concludes at approximately 1630 hrs on the parade square. Upon completion of the obstacle course, the recruits will be coined by members of the Old Brigade.
- Class Meet and Greets. As organized by each reunion class in accordance with the previous table.
Saturday, 24 September
- RMC Club Annual General Meeting; Currie Hall at 0830 hours
- The Badging Parade. The parade starts at 1000 hours on the square and includes members of the Old Brigade presenting cap badges to the first year Cadets who are then formally welcomed into the Cadet Wing. If a parent wishes to badge their daughter or son, please have them contact me for details.
- Ex-cadet Luncheon. All ex-cadets are invited to take lunch at the Cadet Dining Hall for members of the Old Brigade and the Cadet Formal Mess/New Gym for all other ex-Cadets and their families and friends. Cost is $15 for members and $20 for non-members with advance tickets and $20 at the door for all.
- Wall of Honour. The induction ceremony commences at 1400 hours. The Class of 1963 is the sponsor of the Wall and ceremony. This year’s inductees are: Jim Leech, Gilles Lamontagne, General Guy Simonds.
- Red and White Sports challenge. This annual event pits ex-Cadets and Cadets against each other on Saturday afternoon. The Winning team will be awarded the Pyper Cup on Sunday morning post Arch parade. Last year, sailing was added which was very popular with the ex-cadets.
- Club Dinner Dance. This year the Club Dinner Dance will be held at the Fort Frontenac Officers’ Mess. Seating is limited to 175 and priority seating will be accorded to the Classes of 76 and 81 which have committed to this event. The dinner cost is $75 a person for members and their guests and $85 for non-members. There will also be a DJ for dancing post dinner. There will also be a short performance from the College Pipes and Drums supported by some Highland Dancers. Menu: The dinner will be served in three courses commencing with a salad of greens with cucumber, tomato & balsamic dressing, a main of Prime Rib and a Vegetarian option (TBC), concluding with a deconstructed lemon tart with coffee and tea service.
- Old Brigade Dinner. This dinner will again be held at the Four Points Sheraton. The Adj of the Old Brigade is anticipating that this event will sell out at its capacity of 320 attendees.
- Reunion Weekend Speaker Series. New this year, the RMC Commandant intends to enhance the weekend through the addition of a Speakers Series which will occur on Saturday afternoon featuring not to be missed speakers.
Sunday, 25 September
- March to the Arch Parade and Memorial Service. All classes are requested to RV at Panet House at 0930 for coffee. Classes will then be marshalled onto the square commencing at 1000 hours. At 1015, markers will be called and all classes will form up on the square initially by class. Once on the square, all classes will be formed into 6 guards. The Old Brigade will comprise 1 Squadron, the Class of 66 will form 2 Sqn and the Old Brigade Recruit Class (1971) will comprise 3 Sqn. The Classes of 76 and 81 will be grouped under the guidance of Class of 76 as 4 Sqn while the remainder of the classes will be grouped together as 5 and 6 Sqns under the guidance of the Class of 86 and 96. Dress: Club blazer or jacket and ex-cadet tie for gentlemen and ex-cadet scarf and equivalent for ladies. Serving officers may choose to wear DEU. Medals are to be worn by all. The parade will step off at 1030 and arrive by 1050 for the Arch memorial service. The parade will return to the Square for the presentation of the Pyper Cup and the Goddard and Dawe memorial swords concluding by 1200.
- Old Brigade Luncheon. All Old Brigade members are encouraged to purchase a luncheon ticket to attend the Old Brigade luncheon at the Senior Staff Mess.
Hotel Block Bookings:
The Old Brigade has a block booking at the Four Points Sheraton. The RMC Club has a block bookings at the Holiday Inn.
Arrival and Departure Date
Room Type – Traditional and King
|Thursday September 29, 2016||
Traditional with 2 double beds
King with 1 King bed
|Friday September 30, 2016||
Traditional with 2 double beds
King with 1 King bed
|Saturday September 31, 2016||
Traditional with 2 double beds
King with 1 King bed
- The above room rates are quoted in Canadian funds and are net, non-commissionable. In addition to the quoted room rate all guests are required to pay 13% HST & 3% Destination Marketing Program (DMP)
Individual Callers Option – members of the RMC Club may call the hotel directly. All reservations must be booked by Monday August 29, 2016. Cancellation for individual reservations – last date to cancel without penalty is 72 hours in advance.
Should your participants have any questions and wish to reach the hotel directly, they may use the following coordinates:
Call direct: 613-549-8400 x 2660
By email: email@example.com
Toll Free: 1-800-HOLIDAY
CHECK‑IN AND CHECK‑OUT TIME
The Hotel’s check‑in time is 3:00 p.m. Check out time is 11:00 a.m.
Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront offers parking for all overnight hotel guests a discounted rate of $16.00 per night, per vehicle. This rate offers in and out privileges and is not included in the guest room rate.
As a result of moving the Club Dinner Dance to Fort Frontenac on Saturday, the SSM is now available for use by a class on the Saturday evening should there be interest.
If you have any updates concerning your class plans, please let me know. Similarly, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. VDV/TDV!
13987 Bryan Bailey
Executive Director | Directeur général
RMC Club of Canada | Club des CMR du Canada
613 541-6000 x6699
Cell: 613 985-6642