Trivia | Bagatelle – by E3161 Victoria Edwards
1 Which building was demolished in the early 1840s to make way for the Martello Tower, which currently serves as the Museum of the Royal Military College of Canada? The south east corner of the foundations were exposed during excavations. The building was erected during the winter of 1812-13.
a) blockhouse; b) civilian staff quarters; c) carpenter’s shop; d) cook house; e) gun shed; f) officer’s quarters; g) stables
2. The storage facility for the RMC Museum is currently located in which campus building?
a) Fort Champlain; b) Fort Haldimand; c) Fort Lasalle; d) Stone Frigate
3. The Public Register of Arms, Flags and Badges of Canada contains the heraldic emblems (or Armorial Bearings) that have been granted, registered, approved or confirmed since the establishment of the Canadian Heraldic Authority. The approval of the Regimental Colour of The Royal Military College of Canada occurred in:
a) 1961; b) 1971; c) 1981; d) 1991; e) 2001; f) 2011
1 a) A 40 foot square blockhouse, erected during the winter of 1812-13 was demolished in the early 1840s to make way for the Martello Tower, which currently serves as the Museum of the Royal Military College of Canada.
b) The pool in the Fort Haldimand dormitory, which was closed in the mid-1990s, was filled in and covered with a concrete slab. The pool area was divided up into two stories and is now used for the Museum storeroom and other storage. The RMC Museum storeroom was established with the support of the Class of 1955, RMC Unit Fund, CF Museum Committee and Cataraqui Archaelogical Research Foundation.
Answer 3: e) In June 2001, the Regimental Colour of The Royal Military College of Canada was approved. Vol. IV, p. 181.