Who am I?
By E3161 Victoria Edwards (RMC ‘03)
- I graduated from Royal Military College in 1925.
- During the Second World War, I was Lieutenant-Colonel of The Perth Regiment of Canada.
- I served as Chief Briefing Officer during the war and was awarded the Order of the British Empire.
- Following the war, I was an attaché in the Canadian embassy in the Netherlands.
- I retired with the rank of Brigadier-General.
- My portrait collection consisting of 113 photographs of my family and Canadian military, social, and political personalities are in the Glenbow Museum Archives.
- Laurence Wall, senior editor for the Canadian Broadcast System’s Ottawa Bureau conducted my oral history interview in 1976, about press coverage of the Second World War. The interview is in the collection of the National Archives of Canada.
a) 1828 BGen (Ret’d) Ted GE Beament (RMC 1925)
b) 1841 BGen (Ret’d) Douglas DG Cunningham (RMC 1925)
c) 1843 BGen (Ret’d) Herbert E.T. Doucet (RMC 1925)
d) 1857 BGen (Ret’d) Bob JRB Jones (RMC 1925)
Answer: c) 1843 BGen (Ret’d) Herbert E.T. Doucet (RMC 1925)