WHO AM I?
Researched by E3161 Victoria Edwards (RMC 2003)
• My father was a grocer and real estate agent who represented Quebec West in the Legislative Assembly of Quebec from 1867 to 1877, Stadacona division in the Legislative Council of Quebec from 1877 to 1892 and Quebec West in the Canadian House of Commons from 1892 to 1894 as a Conservative member.
• I was educated at the Quebec commercial academy.
• From 9th September, 1880 until 1884 I attended the Royal Military College in Kingston.
• I later studied at the Royal Arsenal at Woolwich.
• I turned down a commission in the British Army. I served as assistant superintendant at the Cartoucherie of Quebec.
• I married Catherine M. Ryan in Philadelphia on 18 Feb 1890.
• I became a real estate agent. After my father’s death in 1894, I administered the property accumulated by my father, one of the largest landowners in the city of Quebec.
• I was a businessman and political figure in Quebec.
• From 1900 to 1904 I represented Québec-Ouest in the Legislative Assembly of Quebec as a Liberal member.
• I served on the Quebec city councillor and was president of the finance committee from 1896 to 1898.
• I died in Quebec City at the age of 63 on January 28, 1927.
a) 102 William Anthony Forster Von Iffland.
b) 103 William Fraser Van Buskirk.
c) 104 Frederick Lindsay Crawford.
d) 105 Herbert Clement Carey.
e) 106 John Gabriel Hearn.
f) 107. Conway Edward Cartwright.
Answer: 106 Honourable John Gabriel Hearn (RMC 1884). His father was Honourable John Hearn.
Captain Ernest F. Wurtele, R. L. “Royal Military College Club of Canada reference book [microform] : containing information respecting the graduates, ex-cadets and gentlemen cadets, of the Royal Military College of Canada” Royal Military College Club 1892 http://www.archive.org/stream/cihm_14751/cihm_14751_djvu.txt