Who Am I?
- An air force brat who spent most of his youth in Ottawa;
- On arrival at RMC he promptly joined the Match Rifle Team, becoming one of its top shots;
- Early at RMC he pursued a deep interest in music by joining the Pipes and Drums as a piper, climaxing this career by becoming Pipe Major;
- As a Cadet he combined a course in Mathematics and Physics with an enduring friendship with the computer (“ole 1620”);
- Was often seen (“heard”) playing his clarinet at different places and times around the peninsula;
- Father of five children; he passed the clarinet off to child #3;
- Music is still a passion for him but computer software is his obsession;
- He began writing software in 1964 and hasn’t stopped since;
- He pioneered concepts about doing it right the first time, including mission and safety critical systems, one of which is a world-leading 911 emergency response product;
- RMC was an epiphany for him;
- His ready wit and motto since his cadet days: “Keep Smiling”.
Who Is He?
a) 6967 W. H. Braden;
b) 6894 A.P. Burke;
c) 6177 R.W. Gould; or
d) 6547 P.E. Lloyd
Who Am I # 2?
- His last three college numbers are 000;
- Calgarian who entered the CMC system at Royal Roads;
- Carefully avoided notoriety throughout his recruit year;
- At RMC he showered biting satire and excellent cartoons upon – The Marker – The Cadet Newspaper of the times;
- He found time to express himself on the rep football field, on the debating floor, and on the ceiling of the pistol range;
- In retirement, he concentrates on cultural activities;
- He has become heavily involved in writing plays, as well as some short stories;
- He has also had two short stories and two poems published in literary journals;
- As a spinoff on the playwriting he became involved in acting, and has appeared in two plays (one a musical) and one video;
- He continues to play the bagpipes, and sings while strumming assorted stringed instruments;
- On the less cultural side, he is now entering his sixteenth year as a professional boxing judge.
Who Is He?
a) 5000 Hugh Cunningham;
b) 6000 Regis Robin;
c) 7000 David Haas; or
d) 9000 RA Walker
b) 6894 A.P. Burke
c) 7000 David Haas