WHO AM I?
- An Aerospace Engineering Officer, joined the Canadian Forces in 1980, graduating from the Royal Military College of Canada in 1984 with a Bachelor of Engineering in Engineering and Management.
- Upon completion of classification training in 1987, he was posted to Canadian Forces Base Shearwater, Nova Scotia. His four years employed as an aircraft maintenance officer included postings to HMCS Provider based in Esquimalt, British Columbia, and HMCS Protecteur during the First Gulf War against Iraq.
- In 1996, he returned to Shearwater for a further three years, completing assignments as the Deputy Commanding Officer of 12 Air Maintenance Squadron and as Squadron Aircraft Engineering Officer at 423 (Maritime Helicopter) Squadron.
- Upon graduation from the Canadian Forces Command and Staff Course 26 in 2000, he was posted to the Directorate of Aerospace Equipment Program Management – Maritime, at National Defence Headquarters serving as the Deputy Project Manager on the Aurora Incremental Modernization Project.
- He returned to CFSATE as the Commandant in 2005, also serving for six months as the Wing Commander at 16 Wing, Borden.
- He has been employed in several staff appointments at National Defence Headquarters in Ottawa, finally as the Director of Coordination on the Strategic Joint Staff.
- In July 2011, he was posted to the Canadian Forces College as Director of Programmes.
- In August 2012, he was appointed Director of Curriculum.
- He competed in the 2013 Boston marathon.
Who Am I?
a) 14464 Doug Lawrie;
b) 14413 David Deere;
c) 14632 Simon Sukstorf; or
d) 14559 Steven Gable